Friday, September 30, 2005

Take That!

Hmmmm....

I've discovered that the PHB's brand of insanity is not unique, or even rare. It has a name, and that name is "workplace bullying." Monster.com has an active forum devoted to it, and apparently there are books and several Web sites about the phenomenon, too. It's a form of abuse, like spouse, child, or elder abuse, but it's legal.

I was interested to discover that, statistically, workplace bullying tends to mostly target females who are a few years on either side of 40 and who have been with their employers for about 6 1/2 years. No joke. And as I've found, the target is usually forced out of the job and the perpetrator usually sticks around and does it to someone else. Now I'm wondering who's next on PHB's list, and how much this will end up costing the company long-term.

I am SO glad to be quit of that place.

1 comment:

Scone said...

Thanks, Lianne. I visited yours and enjoyed it, too. Welcome to the madhouse!