Saturday, July 07, 2007

Me, at Midnight, Again

I named my blog ages ago when I was working more than full-time trying to support my family, and the only time I had to myself when I could write was after I lost lucidity, sometime in the wee hours of the night. I felt kind of silly after I lost my job and could blog just about anytime I wanted to. I could just hear people wondering "What's up with the 'midnight' thing? She only posts at lunchtime..."

Well, I'm back to the witching hour, when I have any time at all, that is. And it is because I'm working again, though for only a fraction of the pay and no benefits at all. Mostly, I don't mind. At least I'm working again and can feel like I'm contributing something to our family's upkeep. (Yes, it was bothering me.) But I'm tired and cranky and I occasionally wonder whether it'll kill me, and whether anyone would miss me if I did.

And then I have these moments of rapturous appreciation from my kids, especially Pirate Boy, who (by virtue of having finally cleaned his room) now has his own email and blog! He thinks he is the coolest thing in the world, and that I'm the coolest mama for having made it possible. Those snuggly hugs are totally worth staying alive for.

P.S. Let me know if you want to visit or write to the little guy, and I'll email you the details. He loves getting mail!

3 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Thanks for the sweet words about my flowergirl. I'm pretty partial to her as well.

Glad that you're working...I hope it's something you like to do. Which reminds me of the job I'm putting off right now. I should just get it over with so I can pass this mess on to the next person (I've technically gotta wait for that until Sept...which isn't that far away now. WOW I just remembered that.)

Anonymous said...

I still think you are one of the toughest ladies I know, BTW.

And please email me the little guy's blog address. I'd love to visit!

Anonymous said...

I'd really like the address, too. I don't have too much time to even read blogs (much less *write* one--I don't know how you do it!), but I will definitely stop by occasionally. Give him a squeeze for me!