Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Life Goes On

We now own two honkin' big stand mixers, courtesy of my mother-in-law. The Man's tuition has been paid, courtesy of my dad. And The Evil One has discovered the frustrations of parenting an adolescent. Naturally, she says it's all our fault. What. Ever.

My pirate boys are now a pirate Jedi (Captain Yoda--whose idea was it to make a Lego Star Wars game anyway?) and a pirate Sith Lord (Blackbeard Sidious). The curtain rod is seriously about to pull out of the wall, despite the solid bolting, because they won't stop swinging from the back of the couch to the center of the room.

I'm back working on my NaNo novel, which is good in places and really needs work in others. I suppose that's a good average. I may post another excerpt here in a bit. Let's see, what else is going on...?

Oh yes, I went to the doctor yesterday because of the neuropathy in my feet and the general feeling of constant excruciating pain. I'm getting tested for diabetes in a week or so; did you know that unexplained weight loss is a symptom of diabetes? It is. If the test comes back negative, the doc says the problem might be a B12 deficiency. What is up with that?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So, Scones for everyone, school for TM and young jedi's running amuck? Sounds like a plan to me. I especially like the part about the evil one being frustrated. The blaming thing is only natural, I mean it couldn't really be because she's the destroyer of all that's good, right?

KoryO said...

Eww. Just finished taking my gestational diabetes tests (flunked the one hour, took the three and am waiting for results....) Sending good wishes your way and hoping you don't have it.

Scone said...

Thanks, Kory. I hope not, too. But it would be nice to have an answer to what the heck's making me so sick all the time. Being able to get rid of it or control it, that would be good, too.

Bessie Wills said...

"It is. If the test comes back negative, the doc says the problem might be a B12 deficiency. What is up with that?"

Yes, might be the b12 deficiency. My doctor friend recommend this mouth spray http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-b12-spray/ and it's pretty good to cover b12 deficiency.