Saturday, April 23, 2005

Literarily Fluffy, or Fluffily Literary

I've been meaning to post this for a while, since Purple Elephant did this meme. (A lot of other people did it, too, but I told PE I'd do it about a million years ago.) Finally getting around to it. Filling space? Maybe; who's askin'?

Which authors have I read 10+ books from?
  • The Apostle Paul
  • William F. Buckley, Jr.
  • Terry Pratchett
  • Agatha Christie
  • P.D. James
  • Orson Scott Card
  • Isaac Asimov
  • Dr. Seuss
  • Elliott Roosevelt
  • Robert Ludlum
  • John LeCarre
  • Ken Follett
  • Len Deighton
  • Ian Fleming
  • Oh yes, and Shakespeare, 'cause PE says we can count plays
  • And freakin' Anton Chekhov (much of it in Russian)
  • Possibly Kurt Vonnegut, Dorothy Sayers, Ellery Queen, and Ngaio Marsh

I've read a lot of other stuff, don't get me wrong, but let's face it, most of the "classic" and/or "literary" writers aren't prolific. And I don't generally like Dickens. And Douglas Adams died too soon. Don't talk to me about Hemingway. Wretched man.

No comments: