Thursday, April 23, 2009

Filling In

My husband (The Man- TM) brought me some of my old journals when he last visited, and along with a burning embarrassment about some things in my past, I had this realization that there were huge gaps in the story. Huge. There are bigger ones in between my blog posts, and this bothers me more often than not-- but apparently not enough for me to be more diligent.

However, I just have to fill in this one detail. You know a few months back, when the powers of Hades came swooping in and took away #1 Son? It just happened to be the 10-year anniversary of our losing our firstborn. Those two occasions are (I think) the only times I've ever known my husband to cry.

One other thing. After I talked to TM on the phone that morning, I flipped open the scriptures and this was the first verse my eyes lit on. It's an old trick I learned in seminary; looks like it still works.

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I love how God provides for us when we are in need. Just today I received...

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2 NLT

Jen said...

Man, I'm not a good blog friend. I hadn't read about #1 son until now. I'm so sorry!

My blogs and journals are all like that, too.