Saturday, February 03, 2007

An Ill Wind

Just when I think the weather here is bad, along comes a whacker of a storm and trashes Florida (again). My cousin lives there and has weathered a lot of hurricanes with her young horde, so I've stopped worrying so much about her. But Kory O and her husband and baby live there lately, too, so I took a minute to check the devastation path on CNN.com. Her town wasn't mentioned as being hit, but I'm still worried. It was close-- too close. And I haven't heard from her. Again. Which is totally understandable when you've got all this stuff going on, but...

So, Kory, if you're out there and you can read this, let me know you're OK, eh? And the rest of you, if you wouldn't mind, remember Kory and the Tsar and the little Tsarevich... and all their neighbors in central Florida. Thanks.

4 comments:

KoryO said...

Sorry, I blew it again! Check your e-mail. We're all ok, the little guy is thriving in spite of my inadequate care (more on that later....in laws can be a real pip, shall we say?), and safe and secure.

But if any of your readers have gotten this far, please ask them to say a prayer or two for the families who did lose a loved one. 14 Floridians weren't as lucky as we are.

Renee Nefe said...

Glad to see that Kory is okay... My mom is in Dade City which is pretty close too. I need to check in but I didn't want to the first day as everyone blocks up the phone lines...and her computer is dial up. *sigh*

Scone said...

OK, I feel better now. Kind of embarrassed to be so worried about only the people I know. I'm such a mother hen.

Jen said...

That's been freaking me out, too. Glad they're OK!