Monday, May 08, 2006

What Do We Do with the Punkin Sailor?

My Punkin Boy turns 3 on Friday, wow! He is an amazing and wonderful child. I know that all moms are prone to say that stuff about their children, no matter what the reality. But it's really true here, and it's a source of both amusement and concern.

Amusement: Punkin the Sailor Man
Quote: "Arrr, we found Captain Kidd's treasure! Head to Maracaibo!"
Favorite activities: Plotting a course to Florida Keys, swinging down from the furniture by holding onto the curtains, swordfighting (and beating) his older brothers

Concern: Precocious Preschooler
The boy is way too advanced for his daycare class ("Those babies don't even know where Caracas is!"), but he can't move up till he's potty trained. But who can bother with potty training when there's a whole world to conquer, or at least to memorize? He is bored to tears, literally, and has started refusing to go to daycare anymore. I don't blame him.

Fortunately (?!), my unemployment benefits are running out this month, and I won't be able to take the kids to daycare anymore. And I've recently realized that I can't work more than 4 hours a day anyway without passing out from the pain, so it's not particularly cost effective to use daycare. Good news all 'round.

No comments: