The Status Report
- I have not scheduled a followup mammogram. My mom (a breast-cancer survivor) said I should wait until I can afford it (i.e., get insurance). The referring N.P. also said it was nothing major, so I'm going to wait.
- I spent most of last week playing phone tag with this person I was supposed to interview with. One day, her son broke his arm. One day, I had a migraine. Etcetera. One day I just played hooky.
- I have had no emails or calls regarding jobs since Thursday. This could have something to do with the previous item.
- The Man and I are thinking of incorporating. We'd really rather just write all day, every day, but somehow we try to make a living doing other things.
- It has been raining for 2 days solid.
- We're being stalked by Satan-- or at least his spawn. The Man tried to placate her by giving her a Webcam. Great, another way for her to stalk us.
- We finally got the realtor to take down the "For Sale" sign in front of our house.
- Pirate Boy loves to play chess and Risk, but can't get his little brother to follow the rules. This frustrates both of them no end.
- My Punkin Boy will NOT sleep although he needs to (and so do I).
- I like staying home with the kids and making cookies and zucchini bread. It's kinda fun.
- With an attitude like that, I'll never get another job.
- The only thing I miss about working is having an income.
- Oh, and my laptop. I miss that, too.
- Pirate Boy's alarm clock (which resides in the living room) went off at 2:00 this morning.
- The Man had just gotten to bed at 1 something.
- Did I mention I need a nap? I need a nap. My dear husband needs one worse. And he's wandering around in the freezing rain all day. Lucky, lucky man.
For a post when I didn't have anything to say, this has turned out pretty long. More later...