Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Taxman Cometh

And let me tell you, I'm so glad. There's nothing quite like actually having money in the bank for increasing my peace of mind, I don't know about you guys. Not that it'll stay there long at this rate. So far, with the tax refund, I've:
  • paid off my car,
  • bought a new computer (and a cool game to run on it), and
  • booked a flight for me and the kids to Colorado in May.
Because, guess what, kids? The Man is GRADUATING!!!!! Finally!!!!!

That's right, 20 years after my college graduation, and about 18 years after first starting college himself, my husband will have his degree. And I am going to be there to make darn good and sure it actually happens. So far, things are looking promising. And there was much rejoicing.

After graduation, TM plans to head back to the South, where the livin' is easy (or at least cheap) and the unemployment rate is better than most places. He may end up being a middle-school teacher, and that would be just fine. The boys are thrilled at the whole situation.

Yeah, we're working on working things out. My therapist has been a great help; we've been able to see her together several times when he's been out here for visits, and it's done more than our 6 months of marriage counseling elsewhere. I think the separation has been good for us.

At any rate, I know I'm feeling good these days.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Fantastic! Good luck.

What game did you get?

And thanks for the reminder. Maybe I'll finish up my taxes this week . . .

Scone said...

Jack: I pre-ordered The Sims 3, which comes out in June. Sims 2 is my favorite novel-writing tools, as well as an addicting distraction.

Of course as soon as I spent all that money, my windshield cracked (and so did my tooth). Oh well, easy come, easy go.

Jen said...

Woohoo!

You're coming to Colorado? What part? May is a great time to be here, your chances of snow are pretty small, but the summer fires shouldn't have started raging across the landscape. :-)

KoryO said...

Enjoy your vacation....you earned one!

(I'm gonna be extremely envious if you guys ending up moving somewhere warm, though.)