Friday, January 06, 2006

A Quick Update

Sitting by the phone, waiting for the ring that will tell me whether I get a third interview for a very cool job. In fact, at this time of year, it's positively Arctic. Location: Omaha. Good grief. If this wasn't the best job in the country right now, I wouldn't be after it. But after all these months of burnout and shell shock, this opportunity has me interested in having a career again. Interested enough that I'm actually considering how to pull off a move to Nebraska. And liking it. I don't need to go into the complications of the whole situation, I'm sure. You remember what happened when we tried to move to Utah last year. This time we have a bit better chance, seeing as how it's survival and all. But it's still pretty dicey.

Sigh. And on a completely different note, my adorable little redhead, wearing a pirate hat and brandishing a sword, just grinned at me and said, "Shiver me timbers! We must have taken a wrong turn at Bora Bora!" Hee. More later. Must take video.

2 comments:

KoryO said...

Omaha???

Well, I'll trade you citrus for steaks if you get it. Deal?

Shannon said...

Ok, now I know what I'm praying for tonight! We could come and see you all on a day trip. 3hrs! (I know totally selfish) but the chance to have a great job opportunity is also pretty fantastic. Good luck ***Crosses fingers and sports the full-toothed, ear to ear grin***